The Nespresso VertuoPlus machine will flash red and green lights at you if something went wrong, and there are several things that can cause this error to occur. The water minerals build clog inside the machine and cause issues.
My VertuoPlus has the same problem and even I was confused when I saw both red and green lights flashing on my new Nespresso VertuoPlus machine. Fortunately, there’s an easy fix to solve this flashing red and green light problem in Nespresso VertuoPlus.
To fix this, simply you will need to descale the machine according to the instructions below!
How To Fix Half Red and Green Light on Nespresso Vertuo Plus
If your Nespresso Vertuo machine’s red and green lights are both on and flashing, it descaling error. This is normal and nothing to worry about. Follow these steps to descale and fix the half red and green light.
Note: Be sure to complete each step within 2 minutes of the previous step. If you don’t, the VertuoPlus will exit descaling mode.
- First, turn the machine ON by pressing the “Power” button.
- Open the machine head, eject any capsule and close it again.
- Turn OFF the machine by pushing the “Lever” down position for 3 seconds.
- Remove the capsules holder and drip tray and empty any water or capsules that are in them.
- Fill the water tank with 500 ml of water and one descaler unit.
- Press the “Power” button and push the “Lever” in the down position at the same time for 3 seconds.
- When the orange light is steady, your machine is in menu mode. To enter the descaling mode, push the lever one time.
- Place the container under the machine and push the”Power” button to start descaling.
- The orange light will be blinking during the descaling process.
- After the tank is empty, rinse the tank with water and fill it again with 500 ml of fresh water.
- Place the tank and container back in the machine, and start the cleaning cycle by pushing the “Power” button 3 times in 2 seconds.
- The machine rinses within less than 2 minutes and stops automatically when it’s done.
- The green light will come on when the descaling is finished.
- To exit the descaling mode, push the “Lever” and “Power” button at the same time for 3 seconds. You are done!
- Let the machine cool down for 10 minutes before using it again.
What To Do If the Nespresso Red and Green Light ON After Descaling?
If you have followed the descaling instructions correctly without interruption, the descale light should auto reset. More often than not, people typically make the mistake of waiting longer than two minutes in between descaling steps or neglecting to allow the tank to empty completely.
Please review the questions below. If you answer yes to any of them, you’ll need to repeat the steps at least one or two more times using the descaling solution.
- Have you ignored descale light for a long time?
- Does your water have a really hard?
Did you say NO to all of the questions above? If, you may need to reset your Vertuo.
Reset Half Red Half Green Light on VertuoPlus
Follow these steps to reset the light.
- Remove any capsules from the machine.
- Press the “Lever” down for 3 seconds to turn OFF the machine.
- Push the “Coffee” button and “Lever” same time and hold them for 3 seconds. The orange light will display.
- Then push the lever down 3 times then press the “Coffee” button once.
- Once you do this, the orange light will flash 3 times and will turn steady green. You are Done!