The Keurig 2.0 touch screen can be a real lifesaver when you’re in a hurry and need a hot cup of coffee. But when it suddenly stops working, it can be an incredibly frustrating experience. If your Keurig 2.0 touch screen is not working, you may notice it dim, blank out, or have lines running through it.
Many people have experienced this common problem and have been searching for a solution. Fortunately, there are some tips you can try to get your Keurig touch screen to respond again. So read on to learn what you can do!
5 Tips For Troubleshooting Keurig 2.0 Screen
Here are five tips for troubleshooting your Keurig 2.0 display:
Check The Power Source
When troubleshooting a Keurig touch screen that isn’t working, the power source is first to check. If your Keurig machine is plugged into an outlet, ensure it’s getting power. Try plugging something else into the same outlet to ensure it’s not an issue with the electrical outlet itself.
If you’ve confirmed the power source is working correctly, the next step is to check the cord or wire that might be connected to your machine. Make sure connections are secure and tight. If the cord appears damaged, try replacing it to see if that solves the problem.
Once the power source is connected securely, Keurig still needs to be fixed. The next thing to try is cleaning the display. This seems like an odd solution, but it has worked for some Keurig owners.
To do this, first, make sure your machine is turned off. Then, take a soft cloth or paper towel and spray it with some cleaning agent or water. Wipe down the display, taking care to get around the edges where the angle meets the screen. Dirt and dust can sometimes accumulate in these areas, blocking the touch screen from working properly.
After giving the display a good wipe-down, try turning on the machine and testing the screen. If this works, you may know that dirt and dust clogged the sensors.
Reset The Machine
Resetting your Keurig can sometimes solve problems with the touch screen. To reset your Keurig, follow these steps:
- Turn off the machine by unplugging it from the power outlet.
- Remove the water tank from the machine.
- Wait 5 minutes and then plug the machine back into the power outlet.
- Turn the power back on.
- Put the water reservoir back in place and make sure it is securely attached.
- Open and close the pod holder lid 3 times. This will reset the machine and may help to fix your touch screen issue.
After resetting the machine, try using your Keurig again. If the problem persists, move to the next tip.
Try To Set Menu Options
If your Keurig 2.0 display goes black or not responding, there are a few steps you can take to reset and fix it.
- Unplug the brewer and plug it back in.
- You should see a power icon on the screen’s bottom right. If this is the case, go into the menu and try to set the clock. If the power icon does not appear, you can skip this tip and move to the next tip.
- Once you have the menu open, proceed through the menu and try to set all your menu options. This includes setting personal preferences for each of the menu options.
- Then, go back to the main screen.
- Open and shut the lid when the LCD is navigated back to the “Lift to Begin” screen. Keurig display successfully fixed.
Run A Water Only Brew Cycle
Running a water-only brew cycle is an easy fix that can restore your Keurig’s touch screen functionality.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Remove any K-cup and clean the pod holder with a damp paper or towel. Make sure not to touch the needle, as this could cause damage.
- Close the lid and plug in the Keurig. Press the bottom right corner of the screen, even if it is blank. You will hear water bubbling up.
- When this stops, press the Keurig button and open and close the lid.
- Then press the Keurig button once more, and the machine should start dispensing hot water.
- Once the dispensing is finished, open the lid and leave it for three minutes.
- After three minutes, plug in the brewer and close the lid again. Wait another minute before turning the machine back on. The screen should come on to the ready light.
If the touch screen is still not working, you may need to repeat this process. With any luck, your Keurig will be back up and running in no time!
Contact Keurig Support
If all other troubleshooting steps have failed and your Keurig 2.0 touch screen is still not working, you should reach out to Keurig support.
If your Keurig 2.0 is still under warranty, they can help you fix it. The customer service team will be able to provide you with more details.
Before contacting Keurig support, have your machine model number, purchase date, serial number, and other important information handy. This will allow them to help you more quickly and efficiently.
Why does Keurig have a blank screen?
A common cause of a blank screen on your Keurig is that it needs set menu options. The steps above show you how to reset your Keurig and set the menu options.