If you own a Nespresso coffee machine, you probably love it because it allows you to drink high-quality coffee quickly and easily. But it does require some care and maintenance to keep it functioning at its peak potential. If you notice that your machine isn’t working quite as well as it used to, this could mean that you need to reset your Nespresso machine.
How Do You Know When Your Nespresso Needs to Be Reset?
Nespresso machines need resetting from time to time, but how do you know when it needs a reset? Nespresso won’t tell you that itself. The best way to figure out if your machine needs a reset is by paying attention to how long your machine takes between making each cup of coffee. If your machine is taking longer than usual to make each cup of coffee, then there’s a good chance that it needs a reset.
How to Reset Nespresso Vertuo to Factory Settings
Nespresso VertuoLine is an innovative espresso maker. It has a number of different features that allow you to make excellent coffee, but one of its best features is how easy it is to use. When something goes wrong with your machine resetting it can be a bit tricky if you don’t know how. Below are some tips for resetting your Nespresso Vertuo machines quickly and easily.
If you’re having trouble with your Nespresso Vertuo Next, it might need a reset. Here are some steps that will help you reset your machine:
- The first thing you want to do is open the machine head and eject the used capsule.
- Then close the machine head and leave the lever in an unlocked position.
- Next, press the “Coffee” button 5 times within 3 seconds.
- The orange light will begin flashing 5 times then it will change to white light.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your machine should be ready for use again.
Vertuo & Vertuo Plus
If you wish to reset your Vertuo and Vertuo plus, please follow these steps:
- Remove any capsules from the machine.
- Press the lever down for 3 seconds to turn OFF the machine.
- Push the coffee button and lever same time and hold them for 3 seconds. The orange light will display.
- Then push the lever down 3 times then press the “Coffee” button once.
- Once you do this, the orange light will flash 3 times and will turn steady green.
- Now your machine is reset.
If you’re having trouble getting your Nespresso Evoluo to work, you can manually reset it. This process is a little more complicated but it works 100% of the time.
- First, open the head of your machine and remove any used capsules.
- Leave the lever in the unlocked position, while closing the head.
- Next, press the “Coffee” button five times in a row within three seconds.
- The orange light will blink five times, indicating that it has been reset.
- Now, you can put a new capsule in and enjoy it!
How to Reset Nespresso Original to Factory Settings
If you’re having trouble with your Nespresso Original machine, first try resetting it to factory settings, which usually fixes any minor software issues that might be occurring. It’s very easy to do. Below I will show you how to perform a factory reset on Nespresso Original machines in all models.
Nespresso CitiZ is easy to reset back to its original setting. All you need to do:
- Simply press and hold the “Lungo” button for 5 seconds.
- The LEDs will blink rapidly three times to indicate that the machine has been restored to its factory settings.
Nespresso Pixie is easy to reset back to its original setting. All you need to do:
- Turn the machine OFF.
- Press the “Lungo” button for five seconds, then press the “Coffee” button.
- The LED light blinks indicating that your pixie has been reset.
Resetting can fix all issues with your Essenza Mini machine. Follow these steps and you will be back to enjoying coffee in no time!
- Begin by pressing both buttons to turn OFF the machine.
- Then press the “Lungo” button and hold it for 5 seconds. The light will start blinking which indicates that the machine is restored.
- Once the light will stop blinking your Essenza Mini is ready to use.
Resetting Nespresso Lattissima
In the event that your Nespresso Lattissima machine stops functioning correctly, you will have to reset it to its factory settings before attempting to use it again. Luckily, this process is very simple and straightforward, and will only take a few minutes of your time.
- Turn the machine on, it will take 25 seconds to heat up.
- Open the menu by pressing the “Gears” button.
- Scroll down and select the “Factory Settings” option.
- It will take a few seconds to reset. The machine is now ready for use again!
Here’s how to reset your Nespresso Gran Lattissima by yourself.
- First, power ON the machine and remove the milk jug.
- Press and hold the “Hot Milk” and “Flat White” buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. The light will start blinking.
- Now, press the “Flat White” button once, it will blink. Press it again and it will blink three times. Now you can release all buttons.
- After you turn on the machine, press and hold the Milk button for 3 seconds.
- The lights will start blinking, press the “Milk” button once.
- Press the Milk button once more to confirm. All the buttons will blink three times, indicating that all volumes have been reset.
- Once your machine is reset, you will be able to brew with capsules again.
Resetting your Nespresso to factory settings will erase all user settings and return it to its original condition. If you’re having trouble with your machine, or if you just want to clear out any old programming that may be clogging up the works, resetting is a quick fix. Hopefully, this guide has helped you get a better understanding of how to reset your Nespresso machine back to factory settings.
You can also check how to descale your Nespresso machine!