Like any appliance, Nespresso Vertuo Next sometimes encounters issues. One such issue is the blinking orange light twice. This particular error is usually an indication that your Vertuo needs descaling.
Descaling is an essential maintenance task that removes mineral buildup and ensures the longevity of your machine. Ignoring this message can lead to further issues with your brewer.
Descaling is not a difficult process. As an expert in coffee makers, I’ll share how to troubleshoot this issue.
How To Fix Blinking Orange Light Twice on Vertuo Next
Follow these steps to help you troubleshoot the blinking orange light twice issue and get your Nespresso Vertuo Next back to working correctly.
- Remove any capsule from the machine and empty the capsule container and drip tray.
- Fill the water tank with 0.5 liters of fresh water and add one unit of descaling solution.
- Close the machine’s head and leave the lever in the unlocked position.
- Place a large container (at least 34oz) under the coffee outlet to collect the wastewater.
- Plug in the machine and press the cup button. The orange light will start blinking.
- Press and hold the cup button for 7 seconds.
- The light will start blinking rapidly. You have 45 seconds to enter descaling mode; otherwise, it will cancel.
- Lock the lever and press the button to start the descaling process. Water will come out from the needle.
- Once all the descaling solution has been used, discard it in the sink.
- Rinse the container and drip tray, and refill the water tank with fresh water up to the maximum level.
- Place the container under the spout again and press and release the button to begin the rinsing phase.
- The machine will stop automatically, and the cup button should remain steady.
- Wipe down the machine with a damp cloth and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Your machine is now ready to be used.
SIDE NOTE: Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety precautions when troubleshooting your Nespresso Vertuo or any other electrical appliance.
- Nespresso Descaling Solution for all Nespresso machine models (OriginalLine and VertuoLine)
Resolving Flashing Light After Descaling
If the light is still flashing after descaling your Nespresso Vertuo, it may indicate that the descaling process was not successful or that there is another issue with the machine. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure that you’re using the Nespresso descaling agent when descaling.
- Make sure you followed the descaling process correctly. Double-check the instructions to ensure you didn’t miss any steps.
- Check the water tank. Ensure that the tank is properly seated in the machine and that it is filled with water.
- Contact Nespresso customer service. If the light is still flashing after completing the descaling process and running a rinse cycle, it may be time to contact Nespresso customer service for further assistance. They can provide additional troubleshooting steps or advise you on whether the machine needs repair or replacement.
Nespresso Vertuo blinking orange light twice is a common issue that stems from several underlying causes. While it may seem like a daunting problem, there are simple steps you can take to fix it. One of the most common solutions is descaling the machine.
Sometimes a malfunctioning part may be at fault and require replacement. It’s recommended to contact Nespresso customer service for further assistance if these basic steps do not solve the problem.
Overall, understanding how to troubleshoot your Nespresso machine can save you time and money in the long run. By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite cup of coffee with ease every day without any technical issues.