Nespresso machines are a popular choice for coffee lovers who want the convenience of an all-in-one machine. However, sometimes these machines can experience issues, like a stuck in solid white light. If your Vertuo Next is experiencing this issue, don’t worry you’re not alone. Many other Nespresso owners have experienced similar problems with their devices and have posted their questions on forums. There are some simple steps you can take to fix it. Just follow the tips below and you’ll have your machine up and running in no time.
Nespresso Vertuo Next Issues
Since Vertuo Next is the newest model, many people assume it is the best VertuoLine coffee maker. This is not true. In spite of its unique features, such as Bluetooth connectivity and pour-over coffee pods, it also has serious flaws. These are mainly technical issues.
The Next has undergone a few design changes since its launch, but these changes haven’t improved reliability. As a result of all these problems, Vertuo Next owners have reported more issues with their machines than those with other models. In addition, some customers have even had to replace their machines multiple times because they keep breaking down. Here are some of the most common issues people have with the Vertuo Next
- The machine leaks coffee or water.
- Coffee tastes too weak or like plastic
- Orange or red blinking light error codes.
- Blue or purple light error.
These problems lead to many unhappy customers who are not satisfied with the purchase. There are very few mentions in the machine manual of the topic of a solid or flashing white light error on Nespresso Vertuo Next.
When Does Blinking or Solid White Light Appear On Vertuo
If you see a solid or blinking white light on your Vertuo Next machine, there are four things that could be causing that:
|White Light Status||Meaning|
|Steady white illuminated button||Ready Mode|
|White regular blinking once per second||Start Coffee preparation|
|White light pulsing up: lighting up to steady ON, then OFF||Machine Heating Up|
|White light blinking twice per second||Software Update|
Fixing Vertuo Next Solid White Light – Not Working
If you see a white light on Vertuo Next outside the otherwise upper scheduled time and the machine isn’t operating, there may be an error with the device. Some users suspect it could be triggered by a faulty software update. You can try some of these things to fix it.
Check Out Basic & Easy Fixes
- Check that the water tank is well positioned. You can take it off, fill it up and return it firmly.
- If there is no pod in the pod holder, it may flash white light, preventing the machine from functioning.
- Is the machine head correctly locked? Make sure the lever is all the way up to the lock position.
- Make sure the pods are securely inserted by rotating them until they snap into place.
Rotate The Spinner Manually
If any of the above solutions do not work, you can try to spin the spinner manually. Follow the steps below:
- Check that the machine is OFF, Then open the machine head.
- Look for the spinner knob and spin it 3 to 4 times manually with your fingers. Make sure that the spinner is not blocked by a foreign object. If there is a foreign object in the spinner, please remove it with a brush and water.
- Once you’ve successfully spun it, turn the machine ON.
Factory Reset The Machine
If the machine still does not solve the white light issue you can perform a factory reset. Follow the steps below:
- Make sure that the machine is plugged in.
- Open the machine head and remove any capsules from the machine.
- Then close the machine head and leave the lever in an unlocked position.
- Next, press the “Coffee” button 5 times within 3 seconds.
- The orange light will begin flashing 5 times then it will change to steady white.
- Now your machine is reset.
On the other hand, Nespresso Vertuo Next emits orange light if a descaling is needed. Some users were able to get rid of this issue by doing it.
If you have already tried all the methods above and it still does not work, try to contact Nespresso support.
Call Nespresso Support For Help
Nespresso support is available 24/7, and they will be able to help you troubleshoot the problem with your coffee machine. They may also be able to provide you with a replacement if necessary.
If you do decide to call Nespresso support, be sure to have your machine’s serial number handy. This will help them identify the exact model of your machine and provide you with the most accurate information possible.
You can contact them by calling them free at 1-800-623-033. They will then confirm whether or not your unit is still covered by their warranty and send out a new one if necessary. I had the same white light issue with my Vertuo Next. I called customer service and they assist me in fixing this problem.