Surprisingly, over 60% of coffee enthusiasts crave the luxury of a premium espresso at home but are reluctant to invest in expensive machines. This statistic may ring a bell with you since it reflects a universal desire to get more out of life without paying the hefty price tag.
Nespresso machines have changed the way people enjoy coffee, providing convenience, quality, and style all in one cup. They make the art of making espresso simple, almost effortless.
But this is a problem that everyone faces–finding a machine that meets both your quality standard and your budget. These machines, to many a step into the world of luxury coffee, are now more affordable than ever, and there are now several high-quality options available under $200.
Here I will explore a range of Nespresso machines under $200 that promise to add that extraordinary touch to your daily coffee ritual without costing an arm and a leg.
|$159 – $179
|$146 – $209
|$100 – $130
|$200 – $230
Which Nespresso Machine Is Best Under $200
The VertuoPlus is from the VertuoLine. It’s great for making different types of coffee. This machine is easy to use. It has features like quick heating and an automatic lid. It’s perfect for those who like variety in their coffee.
The Pixie comes from the OriginalLine. It’s known for its strong build and simple use. The Pixie has an aluminum case, making it durable. It’s ideal for people who want a straightforward espresso machine.
Nespresso Vertuo Machines Under $200
I’m bringing the allure of Nespresso’s premium coffee machines within reach, with options available for $200 or less. Here are some of the best Nespresso Vertuo machines under $200, each checking all the boxes for quality, style, and value.
“Revolutionary” barely scratches the surface when describing the Nespresso VertuoPlus. This machine is usually priced between $159 and $179. It’s made by famous brands like Magimix, De’Longhi, and Breville. No matter which brand you choose, the coffee experience is the same.
I have tested the VertuoPlus for several weeks. It’s easy to start using, and it works well every time. It is worth noting that the price of the VertuoPlus has not gone below $100 for a while. This is because more people have wanted it since the pandemic started. But even at its current price, it offers good value.
Using the VertuoPlus is simple and enjoyable. Opening the lid is easy. Just press the top, and it lifts automatically. This shows how user-friendly the machine is. Making coffee becomes a smooth, everyday pleasure. The machine does not have a milk frother, but still you can get a milk frother with the deal.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: VertuoPlus Deluxe makes both coffee and espresso in a variety of sizes: 5oz and 7.77 o coffees, and single and double espresso. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks
Put simply, the Nespresso VertuoPlus is great for anyone who loves coffee. It combines modern technology, sleek design, and solid performance. It’s an excellent choice for a home coffee machine. It makes your coffee experience better with its aroma, taste, and easy to use.
‘Don’t judge a book by its cover,’ and the Nespresso Vertuo Next is a prime example of this. While it might catch your eye with its sleek design and a range of colorful finishes, there’s much more beneath its surface. With prices starting at $146 for standard colors and going up to $209 for special editions. This machine is designed to be small, fitting easily in any kitchen.
It uses the same centrifusion brewing system and also does not have a built-in milk frother. It operates with a single button surrounded by a twisting capsule lock. This makes inserting and securing a capsule straightforward and hassle-free.
- SIGNATURE COFFEES AND ESPRESSOS: Vertuo Next coffee maker offers a variety of coffee formats in 6 sizes, including 5, 8, 12 and 18oz coffees, as well as single and double espressos brewed hot or over ice.
- SLIM & SUSTAINABLE DESIGN: Nespresso’s newest innovation, Vertuo Next, is the most compact, sustainable, and smart Vertuo machine yet. It’s made of partially recycled materials, and is only 5.5 inches wide.
So, while the Vertuo Next might seem like the best choice at first glance, due to its modern features. But, it’s also a reminder that newer doesn’t always mean better, especially when weighed against the possibility of technical issues.
The Nespresso Vertuo is the first machine in Vertuoline. The Vertuo is quick to heat up, taking only 15 seconds. This is perfect for busy mornings or when you need a quick coffee.
In comparing the five models in the VertuoLine, the Vertuo consistently comes out on top. It’s an ideal choice for the majority of coffee lovers. The best part? It’s available for under $200. But its design does not look good compared to VertuoPlus or Next.
Vertuo can hold more used capsules than the VertuoPlus Deluxe. It can store up to 12 capsules before you need to empty it.
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use.Pump Pressure : CENTRIFUSION technology. Drip Tray : Adjustable cup support.
In short, the Nespresso Vertuo is a versatile and efficient coffee machine. It’s fast, can hold more capsules, and makes different sizes of coffee. This makes it a great choice for a home coffee machine.
Good things come in small packs, and the Nespresso Vertuo Pop is a perfect example of this. It’s a recent addition to the Nespresso lineup, designed to address the size concerns of the VertuoLine range. This machine is great for people who have limited space. It’s also the smallest in the Vertuo series. The Vertuo Pop is priced between $100 to $130.
Priced between $100 to $130, the Vertuo Pop is available in six stunning colors. In the US, you can find the Vertuo Pop+ Deluxe model.
The Vertuo Pop can brew up to four cup sizes, including a gran lungo (150ml). This is good for people who like different kinds of coffee. The water tank of the Vertuo Pop holds 600ml or 20 oz. This is enough to make two mug-sized coffees. You will need to refill the tank after that. But since it makes one coffee at a time, this is generally sufficient.
- SIGNATURE COFFEES AND ESPRESSOS: Vertuo Pop+ offers a variety of coffee formats in 5 sizes, including 5, 8, 12oz coffees, as well as single and double espressos brewed hot or over ice.
- COMPACT: Sleek Vertuo design with 37 fl. oz. removable side water tank placement for easy access to fit tiny spaces.
In my testing, I found the Vertuo Pop to be an excellent choice for single-person households or where kitchen counter space is limited. It’s also suitable for couples who enjoy a cup of coffee each day. The machine’s small footprint means it doesn’t take up much space, yet it still delivers the full Nespresso experience.
Nespresso Original Machines Under $200
Turning our attention to the Nespresso OriginalLine, it’s clear why many favor these machines. This line is known for making more authentic espresso than the VertuoLine. Also, you can use less expensive third-party capsules with it. This is a big plus for many coffee lovers.
The Essenza Mini is Nespresso’s smallest machine. Despite its size, it’s very popular under $200. This makes it a great choice for people on a budget. It’s perfect for small spaces like kitchens in dorms or offices.
Even though it’s small, the Essenza Mini works just as well as bigger machines. It can make espressos from 1.35 oz to lungos of 3.70 oz. The machine has two programmable buttons, making it easy to customize your coffee to your liking.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
It’s perfect for small spaces and for anyone new to Nespresso, offering a simple yet effective way to enjoy delicious espresso at home. If you’re looking for something slightly larger, the Nespresso Inissia is another option to consider, with a marginally larger water reservoir.
The Nespresso Inissia is a hot choice. It costs about $150. This machine is a bit bigger than the Essenza Mini. It’s still compact but has some nice upgrades.
The Inissia has a 24 oz water tank and can hold 10 used capsules. This is more than the Essenza Mini. Its design is sleek and it’s only 4.7 inches wide.
The Inissia is manufactured by both Breville and DeLonghi, features the same functionalities. It’s a compact model that’s straightforward to use, with two buttons and a simple lever. The clear water tank is located at the back, which can be a bit tricky to monitor and fill. But, the design of the drip tray is adjustable, making it easy to fit different cup sizes.
When we tested the Inissia, the coffee flavor stood out. The espresso is rich and smells great. It has a nice crema on top. But, it’s mainly for making espresso. It’s not the best for larger cups of coffee. Also, some coffee capsules might not fit perfectly.
- Barista grade: Nespresso Inissia by De’Longhi offers an impeccable single-serve coffee or espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure
- Speed: In just one touch, ideal water temperature is reached in 25 seconds and you are ready to make 9 single-serve cups of coffee without having to refill the 24 ounce tank
The Inissia is good for those who need a little more space than the Essenza Mini offers. It’s similar to the Nespresso Pixie. The main difference is the Pixie’s outside is aluminum, while the Inissia’s is plastic.
Nespresso Pixie is a great coffee machine for those who like things simple yet stylish. It costs between $200 and $230. This machine is known for making good coffee without any complicated features.
Unlike the Inissia, which has an ABS plastic polymer housing, the Pixie boasts an aluminum exterior giving it a sleek and premium look.
In terms of brewing capabilities, the Pixie is quite similar to the Inissia. It can brew both espresso and lungo shots, ranging from 1.35 oz to 3.70 oz.
The Pixie’s appeal lies in its simplicity and efficiency. It’s designed for those who appreciate capsulized coffee but don’t need extra bells and whistles. The machine is straightforward and reliable – it just works. This makes it an excellent choice for anyone seeking a no-nonsense, dependable Nespresso machine.
When you use the Pixie, you’ll notice the sensory experiences it brings. The sound of the machine brewing, the aroma of fresh espresso, the taste of a well-balanced shot, and the feel of the sturdy aluminum body all contribute to a satisfying coffee-making ritual.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
In short, the Nespresso Pixie is my top choice for a Nespresso machine under $200. It’s perfect for those who want a no-fuss, reliable coffee machine. It’s well-built, easy to use, and makes great coffee.
Wrapping this up, We’ve chatted about some neat Nespresso machines, all under $200, each with their own cool quirks. Whether it’s the all-rounder VertuoPlus or the tough-as-nails Pixie, there’s a machine for every type of coffee lover.
So, go ahead, pick your Nespresso champ, and get ready to make every coffee moment at home feel a bit more special!